US mail order company Great Garden Plants have announced the introduction of SedumSod™ - a collection of easy care sod-like mats containing specially selected mixes of ground-cover Sedum plants.
SedumSod™ can be used to instantly provide vivid color for groundcover, small scale turf replacement and more.
The pre-established light weight sod mats measure 15” x 20” and are comprised of the right balance of soil and Sedum varieties with an easily removable polyester fabric for quick installation in any landscape.
These mats are often found on green roofs and are now available to the home gardener beginning spring 2013 exclusively from GreatGardenPlants.com
Hand Selected Varieties
To create SedumSod™, Chris & Mary from Great Garden Plants carefully hand selected 13 groundcover varieties in an array of foliage and flower colors that blend beautifully and share similar growing habits. These time tested varieties are Zone Hardy from 3-9.
There are few perennials that require such little attention as Sedums, yet thrive in harsh, dry environments.
• Low growing – approximately 4” tall
• Sun loving perennial
• Easy to grow in dry, poor soil with good drainage
• Thrives in heat & humidity
• Create a carpet of color that lasts 12 months
• Requires no dividing or deadheading
• Takes moderate amounts of foot traffic
Ways to Use SedumSod™
• Perfect groundcover for the edge of hot, dry borders
• Slopes and Banks
• Edge a stone pathway or plant in cracks and crevices
• Areas that are inhospitable to other plants
• Green roofs, living walls, dish gardens
• DIY Projects - Wreaths, Topiaries, Centerpiece Accents & more!